Friday, February 1, 2008

A Bit Closer

Noah had his birth parent interview on Wednesday. It was a long day (they didn't get in until 6 PM), but it went well. Now, we just have to wait for the visa appointment. I'm not really sure how long the wait will be at this point, but we're hoping things will move quickly.

We had a bit of a scare with our passports - it turns out that you can't travel to Haiti on a passport that expires less than 3-6 months from the travel date. Our passports expire in mid-March. If you are going to travel in two weeks or less, you can get an emergency passport, but you are supposed to have either a confirmed ticket or a letter from a company stating the necessity for business travel. Of course, we had neither of those. But, the last couple of families who traveled to COTP to pick up their kids only had one or two days notice to book their travel - that wouldn't be enough time to get even an emergency passport. So, we decided to have Robin, the adoption coordinator for COTP, write us a letter and we hoped that the passport office would accept that in lieu of a letter from a company for business travel. But, we were very nervous that they would be sticklers and they wouldn't allow it. Luckily, we had no problems and were able to get the renewal. Scott's passport came today and mine should be here on Monday. Phew!

So, two things that happened on the same day and they both actually went right! We're on a roll!


Julie said...

When we were at that took about a week for NLL to translate our dossier(this is when they found the error)and then we were asked to wait one week after the consulate had our dossier before we called to make our apt.

Ericka said...

Celebrating!!!!! Great news!!!

Laurie said...

So happy for you Nicole! Can't wait to hear you have your flights booked & have Noah in your arms.

I hope many of us will be traveling this month to pick-up our kiddos.

Hugs, Laurie