Monday, December 12, 2005

Authentication

At 1:30, I left to go downtown to get our adoption documents authenticated. Unfortunately, it took me an hour and a half to get downtown! I was in such horrible traffic - I thought I would be fine at that time. It didn't help that the ramp that I was supposed to exit on was under construction and I had to make my way back to where I needed to be. Then, I needed to find parking, which was also more difficult than I thought it would be.I did get parked, though and started walking quickly to the Secretary of State's office. They only allowed walk-ins until 3:30, so I knew I needed to hurry. I got there in plenty of time and handed in my paperwork. After a few minutes, the woman called me up to the counter. She told me that they could only authenticate two of my four documents. Apparently, the guy who notarized our documents at the bank had a middle initial on his notary stamp, but was not registered with that initial. So, that meant that his notarization was not legal.

So, long story short, my trip was basically for nothing. I will have to make the trip again after I get my documents re-notarized. Sigh!

No comments: