Monday, August 13, 2007

Some MOI Movement (and Articles on Ruthlande)


Well, there has been some recent movement in MOI. This past week, several people on the Yahoo Groups that I belong to have reported that they are out of MOI. They should be picking up their kiddos in a month or two. This includes one child from COTP!

It's great to see movement - it means that at least something is happening - but I have to admit that it's bittersweet. The people who have come out of MOI recently all went in after we did. It's hard not to wonder if something has happened with our file. Has a problem been found with the file? Is it in a pile somewhere, pushed off to the side? I've heard stories about the disorganization of the offices and it's not hard to believe that this could happen. A few files have even been lost!

At this point, I've given up hope of getting my I-600 approved until I get my adoption decree from Haiti. And I've given up hope of getting the adoption decree until Noah's file comes out of MOI (Robin at COTP has been trying to find out if NLL, who is facilitating our adoption, has a copy of the adoption decree, but so far we haven't been able to get word about that). I'm really just hoping at this point that we get out of MOI very soon, that we're able to get the adoption decree to USCIS, and that USCIS will approve my I-600 quickly.

I do have to remember some of the good that has come from the waiting. We probably wouldn't have felt capable of taking Ruthlande in if Noah had come home recently. And this second trip to Haiti felt like God's plan for lots of reasons that I won't go into. Still, it's hard to be patient when God is telling me to just wait. Patience has never been one of my defining qualities. Guess I have plenty of time to continue working on that...


On a brighter note, here's a link to an article that was written about Ruthlande in the Daily Herald: http://www.dailyherald.com/search/searchstory.asp?id=339724


Also, another article written in our local paper by the Pioneer Press (the picture is from this article): http://www.pioneerlocal.com/libertyville/news/485018,li-medvisa-072607-s1.article


Enjoy!

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Nicole,
I wish I had some awesome words of wisdom for you, but I just don't. We too are frustrated with our CIS (who won't approve our I600 until they hear from Haiti...you know...like when pigs fly;) Ha.). Anyway, I'm just going to send you hugs and I'm just going to tell you that I'm rooting for you guys. (((HUGS)))
d

Thanks for stopping in! said...

Nicole,
I sure understand what you are feeling:( It is almost like I dont' want to look on my computer. I so thought that Pierre would be home for his birthday and now I wonder if they will be home for Christmas!
You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Blessings,
Julie